Lady Captain's Announcements
Goodness this is getting really boring now, once again no golf due to rain. I will have forgotten what a lot of you look like when we eventually get to play again!
This will result in the 5-club being rescheduled again this time to April 25th (AD April 22nd) and then the professional's prize will move to June13th (AD= June 10th) along with the monthly stableford. For these competitions, in order to cause least disruption, can people please play with whoever they are booked with on those days rather than try to take their original partners with them.
Remember to put your team in for our quiz on Thursday May 3rd in aid of my charity Alzheimer's UK. This will consist of teams of 6, all are welcome, members and non-members (even men), and we will be providing tea and scones in the interval, included in the very reasonable price of £7.50 pp. So get the date in your diaries and arrange your team, then book with Jenny Benge. Please book your teams in asap, so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
I would be very happy if more of you would sign up for the Lady Captain/Pro challenge. The sheet is in the George low bar.
The sign-up sheet is also in the George Low bar for the St George's day golf in the afternoon of April 20th. Team of 4; men, ladies or mixed; format is an alliance, 4 to count on par 3's, 3 to count on par 4's and 2 to count on par 5's. So far the ladies signed up outnumber the men – are they scared???
Do remember that Pauline is collecting 1&2 litre milk bottle tops in aid of the London Air Ambulance. If you can please collect these, give them a quick rinse and bring them to the club we will provide a collection container in the locker room.
Our thoughts go out to Gunn, who while out in Norway because her brother is very ill, fell on black ice and has stitches to her head and a hairline fracture to her back. Take care and get well soon.
Let's hope the weather improves and our teams do well in their competitions over the next week;
- triangular tomorrow against North-Mid and South Herts @ South Herts
- 5-a-side on Saturday against Stanmore @ Stanmore
- Pearson on Monday against Hendon @ BHP
- Pearsonnext Thursday against Enfield @ Enfield
Upcoming competitions for the next few weeks in April are,
- alternative 9-hole qualifying competition to be held each Wednesday;
- Sat 14th = 5-a-side V Stanmore @ Stanmore
- Sun 15th = Spring Trophy – mixed pairs competition
- Mon 16th = Pearson match V Hendon @ BHP
- Weds 18th = Vets Cup plus monthly stableford (AD = Sat 14th)
- Thurs 19th = Pearson match V Enfield @ Enfield
- Fri 20th = St Georges Day golf in the afternoon, ladies, mixed or men's teams
- Mon 23rd = Pearson match V Hendon @ Hendon
- Weds 25th = Middlesex 5-club (AD = Sun 22nd)
- Thurs 26th = Triangular V Mill Hill & Muswell Hill @ Muswell Hill
- Mon 30th = Pearson V North
Finally remember the following dates; we want these to continue to support both the club and those that go out of their way to arrange them for us.
Monday May 7th = Captain's Charity Day – Do try your best to enter a team, as this is one of our biggest days and usually very enjoyable; as well as supporting the Captain's Charity, Diabetes UK. It is open to any golfers members or visitors and can be any make up men, ladies or mixed teams of four. Note if you are a lifestyle member this will not use any of your credits! Please get your entries in asap in order for us to be able to assess support, thank you.