Lady Captain's Announcements
The ladies committee have decided to reschedule the Spring Meeting for May 2nd, however this results in the Australian Spoons being moved to May 9th (AD May 6th) and the monthly medal to May 2nd (the am part of the Spring Meeting with Alternate Date monthly medal on April 29th). Can we please ask you to stay in the original groups organised for the spring meeting and the Australian Spoons, where possible, since we feel this will make life easier for most people. Finally the red cross eclectic was due to start today but obvious has not; so this will start next week for those of you that wish to enter.
Remember to put your team in for our quiz on Thursday May 3rd in aid of my charity Alzheimer's UK. This will consist of teams of 6, all are welcome, members and non-members (even men), and we will be providing tea and scones in the interval, included in the very reasonable price of £7.50 pp. So get the date in your diaries and arrange your team, then book with Jenny Benge. Please book your teams in asap, so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
I would be very happy if more of you would sign up for the Lady Captain/Pro challenge. The sheet is in the George low bar.
Sarah Carver is still a bit short for some of the triangular matches and would like you to sign up in the locker room if you are available.
There are also two practice sessions coming up (i) for the five-a-side on April 8th and (ii) for the Pearson team players on April 10th. Do come along if you are involved with the teams.
Do remember that Pauline is collecting 1&2 litre milk bottle tops in aid of the London Air Ambulance. If you can please collect these, give them a quick rinse and bring them to the club we will provide a collection container in the locker room.
Upcoming competitions for the next few weeks in April are,
- alternative 9-hole qualifying competition to be held each Wednesday;
- Weds 11th = Middlesex 5-club (AD = Sun 8th)
- Thurs 12th = Triangular V North-Mid & South Herts @ South Herts
- Sat 14th = 5-a-side V Stanmore @ Stanmore
- Sun 15th = Spring Trophy – mixed pairs competition
- Mon 16th = Pearson match V Hendon @ BHP
- Weds 18th = Vets Cup plus monthly stableford (AD = Sat 14th)
- Thurs 19th = Pearson match V Enfield @ Enfield
- Fri 20th = St Georges Day golf in the afternoon, ladies, mixed or men's teams
- Mon 23rd = Pearson match V Hendon @ Hendon
- Weds 25th = Professional's prize (AD = Sun 22nd)
- Thurs 26th = Triangular V Mill Hill & Muswell Hill @ Muswell Hill
- Mon 30th = Pearson V North
Remember the following dates; we want these to continue to support both the club and those that go out of their way to arrange them for us.
- Saturday April 7th = Seafood Extravaganza.
- Monday May 7th = Captain's Charity Day – Do try your best to enter a team, as this is one of our biggest days and usually very enjoyable; as well as supporting the Captain's Charity, Diabetes UK. It is open to any golfers members or visitors and can be any make up men, ladies or mixed teams of four. Note if you are a lifestyle member this will not use any of your credits! Please get your entries in asap in order for us to be able to assess support, thank you.