Lady Captain's Announcements
After golf was rained off on Wednesday we have decided to rearrange the competition to April 11th and the Stableford for that day will now run in conjunction with the Vets cup on April 18th , plus the AD days will change accordingly.
Jenny Benge ran a half marathon for my charity Alzheimer's UK last Sunday, March 25th, in 2hrs 5mins and raised about £500. A huge thank you and well done to her, plus of course thank you to all of you who sponsored her.
We are also running a quiz on Thursday May 3rd in aid of my charity Alzheimer's UK. This will consist of teams of 6, all are welcome, members and non-members (even men), and we will be providing tea and scones in the interval, included in the very reasonable price of £7.50 pp. So get the date in your diaries and arrange your team, then book with Jenny Benge. Please book your teams in asap, so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
The summer knockouts are now open: 3 scratch events one for each division, the chinchilla for handicaps 21-36 and the Spring Cup for all handicaps.
I would be very happy if more of you would sign up for the Lady Captain/Pro challenge. The sheet is in the George low bar.
Sarah Carver would like you to sign up for the triangular matches in the locker room. The first game is on Thursday April 12th against South Herts and North-Mid at south Herts.
There are also two practice sessions coming up (i) for the five-a-side on April 8th and (ii) for the Pearson team players on April 10th. Do come along if you are involved with the teams.
Do remember that Pauline is collecting 1&2 litre milk bottle tops in aid of the London Air Ambulance. If you can please collect these, give them a quick rinse and bring them to the club we will provide a collection container in the locker room.
Upcoming competitions for the next few weeks in April are,
- alternative 9-hole qualifying competition to be held each Wednesday;
- Weds 4th = Spring meeting (ADMedal= Sun 1st)
- Weds 11th = Middlesex 5-club (AD = Sun 8th)
- Thurs 12th = Triangular V North-Mid & South Herts @ South Herts
- Sun 14th = 5-a-side V Stanmore @ Stanmore
- Mon 16th = Pearson match V Hendon @ BHP
- Weds 18th = Vets Cup plus monthly stableford (AD = Sat 14th)
- Thurs 19th = Pearson match V Enfield @ Enfield
- Mon 23rd = Pearson match V Hendon @ Hendon
- Weds 25th = Professional's prize (AD = Sun 22nd)
- Thurs 26th = Triangular V Mill Hill & Muswell Hill @ Muswell Hill
Also there are the following mixed pairs competitions coming up in April, so do try to organise your pair and join in:
- 2nd = Brasted Trophy – now open for entry
- 15th = Spring Trophy
And finally on Friday 20th there is the St Georges golf, this will be in the form of an alliance in teams of four. Please sign up in the George Low bar – open to all members, teams can be men, ladies or mixed. There is also a meal plus entertainment in the evening if you are feeling up to both golf and an evening out!