Ladies' Captain's Announcements
Ladies invitation to the Gents went well in blistering heat on Sunday. Well done to Chris and Paul Robertson who won with 41 points despite them getting a penalty for Chris running over their ball!
The Past and Present Lady Captains Cup is next Monday and there is a sign-up sheet in the locker room, also for those past Captains who no longer play but would like to attend the lunch. We will be teeing off the 8th since there is a Rangers match also taking place. We will be eating in the restaurant and the Rangers will be eating in the George Low.
The club Scratch and handicap competitions are to be held on Saturday 21st & 28th of July, 18 holes each Saturday. These have been combined with the men in an effort to make it more of an occasion and are open to all members to enter, obviously if your membership does not cover Saturdays then a green fee would have to be paid but it would be less than the two Saturdays would normally cost. This is an effort to try to make this a real CLUB championship. If you can, please try to take part and make an occasion of this as the Captain's committee is trying to make it!
The ladies overnighter, September 9th & 10th. Please see Cela so that she can finalise numbers and collect the final payment which is now due.
Lady Captain's Charity Day is coming up on August 1st, which isn't that far away actually! Billie has kindly agreed to organise the day for us and is asking that all those who intend to compete on the day bring in a prize, preferably something that you would like to receive and certainly within date if edible! Can you please bring in your contribution and leave it in the locker room labelled 'Lady Captain's Charity Day' by Wednesday July 25th at the latest, also any spare wrapping paper so that Billie can wrap the gifts. From next week we will also be selling 'balls' for Danny to hit off the 15th tee and the closest to the 17th hole will win a prize, so please bring change with you!
Another upcoming competition that needs a bit of planning is the Ladies Invitation Day. Remember this is on Thursday August 16th, so get going and be sure to invite your guests. This is to be a fourball team event played as an alliance. You can either invite three guests or team up with another BHP lady with one guest each, the choice is yours. The sign-up list is now in the locker room.
Our thoughts and sympathy go out to Kate Malleson who has broken her leg playing Tennis and once again to Mia who has been re-admitted to Hospital with her back and leg problems. We wish them well and a speedy recovery.
Our deepest sympathies go to Doreen White who lost her husband last week and to the Family of Jean king who also died last week. Jean's funeral is to be at New Southgate Crematorium at 2pm on Wednesday July 25th.
I would be very happy if more of you would sign up for the Lady Captain/Pro challenge. The sheet is now in the pro shop.
Do remember that Pauline is collecting 1&2 litre milk bottle tops in aid of the London Air Ambulance. If you can please collect these, give them a quick rinse and bring them to the club we will provide a collection container in the locker room.
- Upcoming competitions for next few weeks, for your diaries are:
- Mon 16th = Past & Present lady Captain's Cup
- Weds 18th July = Kay Steel (AD = Sun 15th)
- Thurs 19th = Weekly Club Stableford Competition
- Sat 21st & 28th = Club Championships – Scratch and Handicap
- Sun 22nd = Captain's Guest Day
- Mon 23rd = Ladies Committee Cup
- Weds 25th = July Stableford (AD = Sun 22nd)
- Thurs 26th = Triangular V Enfield & Crews Hill @ BHP. Also the weekly Club Sfd Comp.
- Sat 28th = Club Championship Rd1, scratch and handicap competitions.
- Sun 29th = New Member's Trophy (open to those who have been members up to 3 years)
- Tues 31st = Ladies V Rabbits
- Weds Aug 1st = Lady Captain's Charity Day
- Sat Aug 4th = Five-a-side match V Stanmore @ BHP
- Mon 6th & Weds 8th Rafferty Cup
- Weds 8th = July Medal (AD = Sun Aug 5th)
- Sun Aug 12th = Iris Sumner (note Tee blocked for this competition from 8:45am). Also South Region England Junior Girls Practice rounds from 1pm onwards.
- Mon 13th – Weds 15th = South Region England Junior Girls Championship.
- Thurs 16th = Ladies invitation Day
- Sun Aug 19th = Gents invitation to the Ladies