Ladies' Captain's Announcements
Looking at last week's results it seems that no one entered with handicaps above 36 meaning that the Cashmere Cup is uncontested in its first year?! However well done to Louise Fickling on winning the Wright Cup with a nett 71 and to Lisa Martin on winning the Angora Cup with a nett 72.
Thank you to our Captain David for arranging Captain's day for Ladies which went very well; the weather was kind and not too warm, although it was getting a bit hot towards the end of our rounds. The doughnuts in the hut went down very well; we enjoyed the bucks fizz too! Congratulations to Sarah Rees who won with a fantastic 41 points, to Angela Balnave who not only pipped me into second place on countback with 38 points but also took nearest the pin in 2 on the 4th, to Dawn Rose who came forth with 36 points, to Ros Margey who came fifth with 34 points, to Jenny Pizey on winning the Vets prize with 30 points and to Una Kilgallon who was nearest the pin on the 13th!
Don't forget to book your place for the Captain's Casino Night on Saturday June 30th; this promises to be a great evening, with an excuse to dress up!
Last week's May madness went well and I for one enjoyed playing a mixed competition where we all teed off the same tees!
The American Cup went off on well Sunday with fourteen couples taking part, unfortunately we only had four couples from BHP and the cup went to Peter & Annie Scollen, from Enfield, on their first entry into this competition.
The sign-up sheet for the Ladies invitation to the Gents, July 8th, is now in the George Low. This is only just over a week away please find yourself a man and sign up to play; this is one of our major competitions and needs far more support! If you would like to play but do not know any men to ask then let me know and I'll do my best to find you a partner.
The ladies overnighter, September 9th & 10th. If you are on the list but no longer able to come or visa versa please see Cela so that she can finalise numbers. Also she is coming round to collect the final payment which is now due.
Billie has brought in some home-grown potatoes and put them in the locker room, if you would like some please help yourself and put a contribution into my charity box for Alzheimer's UK, thank you Billie.
Georgie Russell is running a coffee afternoon in aid of Marie Curie here 2.30pm – 5.30pm on Friday June 29th. Do come along to give your support and bring any friends and family too. Entry is £3 for tea/coffee plus a donation to the charity. If you are a baker please bake a cake and contribute it to the charity for selling on the day.
I would be very happy if more of you would sign up for the Lady Captain/Pro challenge. The sheet is now in the pro shop.
Don't forget the roll-ups are now on Mondays and Fridays at 2pm but please sign up on the BRS if you intend to come along. Not to arrange the group that you are to play with but to indicate to others your intention to come along, the draw will still be done by throwing the balls up on the day.
Do remember that Pauline is collecting 1&2 litre milk bottle tops in aid of the London Air Ambulance. If you can please collect these, give them a quick rinse and bring them to the club we will provide a collection container in the locker room.
- Upcoming competitions, to the end of July, for your diaries are:
- Alternative 9-hole qualifying competition to be held each Wednesday;
- Thurs 28th = Weekly Club Stapleford Competition
- Sat 30th = Captain's Evening - Casino Night
- Weds 4th July = Grandmother's and Senior Grandmother's Cups (AD= Sun 1st)
- Thurs 5th = Weekly Club Stapleford Competition
- Sun 8th July = Ladies invitation to the Gentlemen
- Weds 11th = Bushguarders Trophy (AD = Sat 7th)
- Thurs 12th = Cross country golf, afternoon only.
- Mon 16th = Past & Present lady Captain's Cup
- Weds 18th July = Kay Steel (AD = Sun 15th)
- Thurs 19th = Weekly Club Stapleford Competition
- Sat 21st & 28th = Club Championships – Scratch and Handicap
- Mon 23rd = Ladies Committee Cup
- Weds 25th = July Stableford (AD = sun 22nd)
- Thurs 26th = Triangular V Enfield & Crews Hill @ BHP. Also the weekly Club Sfd Comp.
- Sat 28th = Club Championship Rd1, scratch and handicap competitions.
- Sun 29th = New Member's Trophy (open to those who have been members up to 3 years)