Ladies' Captain's Announcements
Back to the cold and wet on Wednesday! Some us that weren't so lucky got caught out in the rain and hail. Still it gave those of you that managed to get in early a good laugh at our expense!
Unfortunately we came second in our matches last week:
- Pearson away against Enfield on Thursday lost 5&2
- Pearson against away Hendon on Monday lost 6&1
Better luck with the upcoming matches this week:
- Triangular tomorrow V Muswell Hill and Mill Hill @ Muswell Hill
- 5-a-side V Ealing @ BHP on Sunday
- Pearson V North-mid @ BHP on Monday
Remember next week is the Spring Meeting and you need to sign the list for the meal if you intend to come since the list from the first date has been scrapped. Please do this today if not already done since I do need to give Alasdair numbers.
Also next week, on Thursday we have our Charity Quiz at 1 for 1.30pm.
Can I please remind the lifestyle members that entering the competition does not take your credits for that play on the course. You must report to the pro shop or when that is closed to the bar staff to ensure that your credits are taken for your play. This has been explained in your welcome pack but we do understand that this is a new process and may be taking a little getting used to.
Note from next Thursday there will be a mixed (as in men and women can enter but it is an individual competition and you can play in groups of ladies if you wish) stableford competition running all day each week throughout the summer. There will also be an eclectic competition running alongside this which will run until Sept 13th. However there will be two Thursdays that this will be replaced with the 3 club challenge on May 24th and the cross country competition on a date yet to be decided.
The 4 ball draw will now include ladies and the first one is in two Sundays time on May 6th. Please come along and join in if you can.
There are still places for Charity Day Monday May 7th, please get your teams in asap so that the Captain can organise the day's prizes, tee times etc.
I would be very happy if more of you would sign up for the Lady Captain/Pro challenge. The sheet is in the George low bar.
Note that the summer knockouts close at the end of April, this coming Monday, so if you intend to enter do so soon and this can be done via the app, on the PSI screens or via the pro shop.
Do remember that Pauline is collecting 1&2 litre milk bottle tops in aid of the London Air Ambulance. If you can please collect these, give them a quick rinse and bring them to the club we will provide a collection container in the locker room.
I heard from Mia yesterday and she is generally doing well and looking forward to coming back to the club although she doesn't feel she will be playing 18 holes again and send her best wishes to the ladies. She has a small problem with her knees at present but will know more when she sees the specialist next week. Lets hope it all goes well and she is up for lunch with us all soon.
Pippa has had her first cataract operation last week, I am pleased to see her here today and hope everything continues to go well for her.
Upcoming competitions for the next few weeks in April & May for your diaries are,
- Alternative 9-hole qualifying competition to be held each Wednesday;
- Thurs 26th = Triangular V Mill Hill & Muswell Hill @ Muswell Hill
- Sun 29th = 5-a-side V Ealing @ BHP
- Mon 30th = Pearson V North-Mid @ BHP
- Weds May 2nd = The Spring Meeting (AD = May medal on Sun April 29th)
- Fri May 4th = Triangular match V Brickendon Grange & Hadley Wood @ Brickendon
- Mon May 7th = Charity Day
- Weds May 9th = Australian Spoons (AD = Sun 6th)
- Mon May 14th = Pearson V North-Mid @ North-Mid
- Sun May 15th = George Low 4BBB
- Weds May 16th = Victory cup (AD = Sat 12th)
Sun May 20th = Maytime Greensomes