Ladies' Captain's Announcements
At last the weather has improved and we had over 20 players out on Wednesday. Let's hope this is the start of the summer season!
Note all who played will have their scores entered into the Red Cross Eclectic but must see Sue Charles and pay their £5 entry before any more scores can be entered.
Congratulations to Sarah Carver on winning the Vets cup with 25points, and the April Stableford winners Silver Divisionwith 34points, me; Bronze Division with 25 points, Janet Connor; and Copper Division with 32points, Angela Balnave.
Unfortunately we came second in all our matches last week.
- The triangular at South Herts cold and damp conditions on Thursday against South Herts and North-Mid.
- The 5-a-side against Stanmore at Stanmore we lost 3/2 having had to forfeit one game due to having to carry but only having four players able to do so.
- The Pearson against Hendon at BHP we lost 4/3 but the match came in evenly and we were all waiting on the last match to find the eventual result, very exciting.
Remember to put your team in for our quiz on Thursday May 3rd in aid of my charity Alzheimer's UK. This will consist of teams of 6, all are welcome, members and non-members (even men), and we will be providing tea and scones in the interval, included in the very reasonable price of £7.50 pp. So get the date in your diaries and arrange your team, then book with Jenny Benge. Please book your teams in asap, so that we can make the necessary arrangements.
There are still places for Charity Day Monday May 7th, please get your teams in asap so that the Captain can organise the day's prizes, tee times etc.
I would be very happy if more of you would sign up for the Lady Captain/Pro challenge. The sheet is in the George low bar.
The evening is cancelled on Friday but the afternoon golf is still on! The sign-up sheet is also in the George Low bar for the St George's day golf in the afternoon of April 20th. Team of 4; men, ladies or mixed; format is an alliance, 4 to count on par 3's, 3 to count on par 4's and 2 to count on par 5's. So far the ladies signed up outnumber the men – are they scared??? Tee times are from 2pm.
Note that the summer knockouts close at the end of April, so if you intend to enter do so soon and this can be done via the app, on the PSI screens or via the pro shop.
Do remember that Pauline is collecting 1&2 litre milk bottle tops in aid of the London Air Ambulance. If you can please collect these, give them a quick rinse and bring them to the club we will provide a collection container in the locker room.
Let's hope the weather improves and wish our teams god luck in their competitions over the next week;
- Pearsontomorrow against Enfield @ Enfield
- Pearson next Monday against Hendon @ Hendon
Don't forget that we have an EGM next Wednesday at 3pm, to discuss the role of the committee in relation to cups and members feelings on some of these cups.
Upcoming competitions for the next few weeks in April & May for your diaries are,
- Alternative 9-hole qualifying competition to be held each Wednesday;
- Thurs 19th = Pearson match V Enfield @ Enfield
- Fri 20th = St Georges Day golf in the afternoon, ladies, mixed or men's teams
- Mon 23rd = Pearson match V Hendon @ Hendon
- Weds 25th = Middlesex 5-club (AD = Sun 22nd)
- Thurs 26th = Triangular V Mill Hill & Muswell Hill @ Muswell Hill
- Sun 29th = 5-a-side V Ealing @ BHP
- Mon 30th = Pearson V North-Mid @ BHP
- Weds May 2nd = The Spring Meeting (AD = May medal on Sun April 29th)
- Fri May 4th = Triangular match V Brickendon Grange & Hadley Wood @ Brickendon
- Mon May 7th = Charity Day
- Weds May 9th = Australian Spoons (AD = Sun 6th)