I seem to be recovering slowly from my back injury and intended to play this morning, Thursday. Unfortunately the heavens opened and out paid to that, hopefully it will be dry on Sunday.
Had a walk around the course this evening and the rain has had a remarkable effect on the fairways. All lush and green and ready for the Rafferty Qualifier on Saturday 20th June, which is a medal competition. This is the first competition of the summer and the qualifiers will go forward to a knockout competition. As the course is full to almost capacity I will ask you to heed the following requests.
1. Turn up in plenty of time for your allotted slot but no more than 20 minutes prior to your start time.
2. If your ball looks like it's in trouble play a provisional.
3. Keep up with the fourball in front. We are trying to avoid the need to call groups through and pace of play is vital to avoid backlogs and potential groupings on the course.
4. You must putt out but do not touch the flag.
5. At the end of the round agree each other's scores verbally but do not exchange cards. Sign the card as marker and keep the card in case it needs to be referred to at a later date. Player A should not sign or touch the card you have marked at any time.
6. Enter your own score (Markers Score) into the ig App (via a smartphone or tablet) or website (please note that the website score entry can only be accessed on a smartphone) by the cut off time of 7:30pm.
This information applies to all competitions.
The following Saturday is the Wally Gatward Trophy, which is a Stableford competition played off white tees. Book in via Intelligent Golf.
Thursday 2nd July is the Kruger Sovereign, always a well supported Stableford competition, open to all members and played off yellow tees, usually a score above 42 points is in with a shout.
Sunday the 5th is our Fourball Draw competition, which allows new members and existing members to meet. Enter the Competition via Intelligent Golf and once we have all the names we will randomly allocate your playing partners and starting tee. It is a shotgun start at 9.00 am. Entry fee and prize details to follow.
Last but not least on Sunday afternoon 5th July is the Brasted Trophy, a mixed pairs Foursomes stableford competition played off 1/2 combined handicap. This is organised by Mark Stevens and Janet Connor, commonly known as 'Manet'. You will need to organise yourselves into fours. If you are unable to Mark will come to your aid.
Don't forget we should still be observing the temporary Covid 19 rules, including social distancing.That's all from me, enjoy your golf and stay safe!