By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://bhpgc.com/
Captains Blog Stardate -41298.35 (15 March 2019)
Tracey and I had a brilliant holiday but like so many that we have enjoyed, it was of course too short. Big G said I would need a warm coat when we get back, as usual, he was right.
Having read our VC's stand in blog last week, I am delighted to say that I am justifiably in awe of his work. In my opinion, Big G was the perfect choice for VC and he continues to confirm this by delivering brilliantly on all that he undertakes. The moral here is clear, I should go on holiday more often.
A piece of good news this week is that the blog will be super short. I have not had time to make up loads of rubbish I have been short on time to research the facts for the blog that are quintessentially necessary for such an august publication, slightly worryingly though, this may lead to a longer one next week.
Shall we move straight on to the bullet points and if I have missed out some really important stuff, you have my sincere apologies:
- Summer competitions may still open – Sign up now, if you need a partner, and yes, I'm still free.
- The 2019 Club Annual Dinner Dance is tomorrow, if reading this today – SPECIAL ENTERTAINMENT included and some places now available due to late cancellation, get in quick and see you there.
- The subs renewals have all gone out, and you just have time to pay early and save.
- Friday Club Nights are still increasing in popularity, there is a growing buzz around the club, come along, have fun and grab a discount.
- NEW SOCIAL INITIATIVES are on their way, which will extend evening food, drink and entertainment at the club to Thursdays and Saturdays – look out for other upcoming attractions and please contact any committee member, Debbie or Stewart with any ideas for social or golf events that you would like to see at the club.
- John White has created a new golf event for you, "Drive in to Spring" to be held on Thursday 4 April – this will be fun, please check out the details with John and support his hard work if you can.
- Booking for Mother's Day lunch on Sunday 31 March has gone ballistic, both up and downstairs, I really don't know if there are any spaces still available, please check with Debbie, Stewart or the team as soon as you can.
- Danny's Pro Shop news letter continues to improve, which matches the great service in our pro shop, well done and thank you, Danny, Nicola and Max
- New Bar names are still flooding in – See if you can work out who submitted this gem "The Club Bar" plus we also now have "The Bush Lounge". Please get your entries in soon, the closing date is 1 April 2019 and you may never know, it may be you who helps to create a new dynasty. All entries will now need to be anonymous to protect the innocent.
- We are attracting more new members, both playing and social, fantastic but please see below.
- The new member drinks evening provided some unexpectedly caustic observations from a few members. This was disappointing but frankly welcomed, enabling us to reflect seriously and introduce measures to improve these experiences. Thank you to all who turned up, I look forward to meeting you again soon.
- Our catering is performing well but with some mixed responses and comments, all of which are reviewed. Please provide your feedback and with any preferences that you may wish to see considered for inclusion within our menus. We are still learning but definitely going in the right direction. This is a transitional stage for the club, we are definitely in unchartered waters so please stick with it. With further training, experience and feedback, the whole eating and drinking experience at the club is taking a quantum leap forward and you can quote me on that.
- The 200 Club has burst into life again, following some administrative hiccups. That man, John Worrell, has re-entered the breach and has discovered some availability exists in this fund raising initiative so if you want more info. or just want to join and stand a chance of a cash prize in the draw, please contact John or the office.
- Now that I am back, news and info on the away trip to Goodwood will follow very shortly. I have been in communication with the Goodwood, team arranging tee times and the whole programme for our time there and I will get this out to you all very soon.
- The Captain Pro Challenge returns this Sunday, or will do if my wife and my sister in law consider the conditions to be optimal. Even if we fail to play, we shall all be dining at the club with Shirley and Cliff for an early Mothers' Day celebration, nice. See you there Uncle Neal.
- STOP PRESS: Breaking news, Stewart has secured a spot for Bush Hill Park in the 'A Taste of Costa Brava' golf series 2019. This is brilliant news, which Clive "Peroni" Prior will testify to since he won the competition last year and travelled and played as guest of the promoter to the finals in Spain – watch out for more details to come soon.
We have a management committee meeting this Monday at the club, so I look forward to seeing you for a Salsa and a beer afterwards.
It's a seven from Len or perhaps it should be fore,
Proof Read by no one in particular.